Recently completed contract work includes the development of a revised law blogs for Anthony M. Snyder & Associates and Steffel & Steffel PC, site start-up consulting for Praenote Group, and a 900-word article on interpenetrated design for the Encyclopedia of Survey Research Methods.
- Served in 2009 on the editorial review board for the Journal for Healthcare Quality.
- Served 2008-2010 as the publications officer for the American Statistical Association’s Section on Quality and Productivity.
Work presently under contract includes an article-writing assignment with Demand Media Studios. Through Demand Media, contract assignments have been featured on the Houston Chronicle’s Chron.com small-business site, Business.com, The Nest, LiveStrong.com, USA Today’s travel section, Salon.com’s technology program and Walden University’s Think+Up graduate business site. As of September 2010, DMS also contracts for editing, content-auditing and assignment-editing services, with a focus on technology-related content. As of April 2012, DMS also contracts for premium tech content, as one of four nationally featured expert writers.
Ongoing non-writing work includes informal marketing consultation services to Dogbyte Films and Web-management services to the American Statistical Association’s Section on Quality and Productivity and several private clients.
A sample of previously published newspaper assignments includes:
- Al Heilman boasts business background (candidate profile)
- Male suicide (editorial)
- “Super Troopers” fails at must-see status (film review)
- Media diversity (editorial)
- Bailey to propose increases, fees for 2004-2005 (news analysis) [page 2]
- Sigma Pi penalized for fight at fraternity (general news); Litynski to leave provost job (personality profile) [page 2]
- WMU’s BTR Park to add new company (news)
- America’s place in world key question for election (opinion column)
- WMU may fail governor’s challenge (news analysis) [page 2]
- Deal cut in Lansing, WMU to lower fee (general news)
- Meningitis case treated successfully (general news)
- Darnell’s contract terminated (breaking news brief)
Other representative work includes:
- How to File a Lien on a Boat (online article, general knowledge)
- What’s New in iOS6? (online article, tech preview)
- 13 Reasons You’re Not Successful — Yet (blog post, entrepreneurship)
- Podcasting: Advanced Topics (blog post, best-practice review)
- Implications of Anomalous Data in Health Care Settings (journal submission)
Jason has presented at several national conferences, including the 2006 educational conference of the National Association for Healthcare Quality (on “Ethics as a Contributor to a Culture of Quality“) and the 2011 Joint Statistical Meetings, on quantifying productivity for hospital registration and coding staff.